Monday, October 15, 2012

Luibueno's is Muy Bueno!


On the North Shore of Oahu there is a gem of a restaurant called Luibueno's and it is SO GOOD! We eat here almost every weekend and we don't mind the 30+ minute drive. The salsa is garlicly delicious and the chips have a good crunch. My favorite is the Almejas al Vapor, Steamed clams in garlic butter sauce. It comes with a toasted baguette. If it weren't consider bad form I would drink the garlic butter sauce after the clams were gone.

I just recently tried the Carne Asada Quesadilla. It is dripping with melted cheese and there is the buttery goodness of their guacamole inside along with some very tender steak. Half of it is a meal for me and I take the other half home for anther meal. 

My husband likes the Shredded Beef Enchiladas. He likes them so much that he has yet to order anything else. He is kind of a picky eater so he is pretty set in his ways.

The kids love the Chicken Tenders! The come with beans and rice which sadly go untouched. My son, like his Dad is also a picky eater so rice or beans for him. My daughter loves rice and like beans, but she fills up on the chicken before she eats the rest. After they are done with their meals the server brings out a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream for both kids, it comes with the Keiki meal, as well as their drinks.

It is a little pricey but it is in Haleiwa which is a huge tourist spot. We love it and I think if you have the chance to visit you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment